Board Certified Indiana Trust & Estate Lawyer, certified by the Trust & Estate Specialty Board
Margaret, known as Peggy, has been practicing with Bunger & Robertson since 1994, after spending six years practicing with the estate planning group Sidley & Austin in Chicago and four years in her private practice in Bloomington.
Peggy is a compassionate and empathetic attorney who is dedicated to helping individuals plan their estates and carry out their intentions by providing wills, trusts and related documents, estate and gift tax counsel, and advice regarding inheritance of retirement benefits, elder law issues, business succession, and charitable giving. Peggy also acts as legal counsel to individuals and institutions involved in the settlement of estates and trusts after death, working with executors, trustees and beneficiaries when probate proceedings or trust administration is needed, and counseling about collecting assets, paying final expenses, and taxes and making distributions to beneficiaries during a particularly difficult time.
Peggy has a passion for charitable organizations and demonstrates B&R’s commitment to these groups through representation of new and existing nonprofits. She also has taught nonprofit and charitable giving law to students and to those who manage nonprofit organizations, clarifying the unique set of laws, regulations and exemptions and providing guidance about how they apply to individuals and organizations.
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Trust & Estate Specialty Board (Past Secretary and Board member)
- Hoosier Hills Estate Planning Council (Past President and Director)
- Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County (Chair of the Board of Director)
- Law Clerk to Chief Judge, U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northwestern University, B.S.J.
- University of Kentucky Law School, J.D., summa cum laude
- Indiana, 1991
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 1991